Monday, September 20, 2010

A Cup of Coffee

Yesterday when I was making my cup of (decaf) coffee, Amira asked for her own cup of coffee too. Although I said "Momma's coffee is --?" and her response was "Yucky" (from the baby book given by their aunt), I did not talk her out of coffee altogether. We compromised to sharing my coffee with her.

So last night I shared my cup of coffee with my daughter. We took turns sipping the hot beverage using the single teaspoon.

It was weird because she seemed to be way more matured than she actually was. She's my 3-year-old and she was acting like a girl friend with whom we get together for coffee. She told me that we should wait for our turns (of sipping coffee), and as it cooled down, she said "No problem" when drinking straight from the cup.

We both enjoyed the coffee. I watched her with amazement, thinking "This is the same baby who had to be forced to part from her bubba only five months ago. This is the manja girl who always asks to be picked up and carried because she 'can't walk' while suggesting that her baby brother walks by himself to the kitchen."

I did not expect that to be one of the best moments in my life.

Thank you Allah for my children!

No comments:

Post a Comment