My children had been in the waiting list of the daycare of my choice for a few months when finally I was informed that they could start there on Dec 1. Yay!
The first day was fine. They were happy playing there.
The third day, she was reluctant to go. He cried when I was leaving. The pattern continued. At one point she skipped school altogether for almost a week.
I cried leaving them screaming for me. My friend advised me to be strong, because kids do that. If I falter, they would too. The teachers said it's normal for kids to cry when the mother walks away. They said they would stop crying soon after I leave. I checked on the Internet, and found that it's normal. I just need to quickly and swiftly leave. Think of it this way: even at home they do cry when they see me go out. It was a lot easier when I sneaked out early in the morning to work when they were both soundly asleep, happy in their father's arms.

Now that their daily routine has changed, my son would have no problem waking up in the morning. He would happily put his shoes on and drag his backpack to the car. Such an energetic boy! My daughter would sometimes complain when I wake her up, but with some coaxing she would comply, albeit a bit of visible reluctance on her face.
It crushes my heart to see the happy face of my boy turns 180 degrees to complete sadness upon the sight of the school! The image of him crying with all the tears running on his face and his nose red lingers in my mind. It is indeed disturbing. I really hope they do get over it as soon as I leave.. and they spend the many hours of their day at the daycare happily playing, learning, and socializing; and well-taken care of. I hope they are not sad thinking of me or of home.
When I go pick them up, they would be smiling and laughing, obviously very happy to see me. The hugs and kisses are HEAVENLY WONDERFUL... mashaAllah.
The first day was fine. They were happy playing there.
The third day, she was reluctant to go. He cried when I was leaving. The pattern continued. At one point she skipped school altogether for almost a week.
I cried leaving them screaming for me. My friend advised me to be strong, because kids do that. If I falter, they would too. The teachers said it's normal for kids to cry when the mother walks away. They said they would stop crying soon after I leave. I checked on the Internet, and found that it's normal. I just need to quickly and swiftly leave. Think of it this way: even at home they do cry when they see me go out. It was a lot easier when I sneaked out early in the morning to work when they were both soundly asleep, happy in their father's arms.
It crushes my heart to see the happy face of my boy turns 180 degrees to complete sadness upon the sight of the school! The image of him crying with all the tears running on his face and his nose red lingers in my mind. It is indeed disturbing. I really hope they do get over it as soon as I leave.. and they spend the many hours of their day at the daycare happily playing, learning, and socializing; and well-taken care of. I hope they are not sad thinking of me or of home.
When I go pick them up, they would be smiling and laughing, obviously very happy to see me. The hugs and kisses are HEAVENLY WONDERFUL... mashaAllah.
Last week she kept counting the day. She knew it's five days of school and two days off. She once said "It's not fair!" but I replied with "That's how it works, sayang."
And today I expected some Monday-blues struggle again, but I was surprised to see my son did not start crying after the small "uhuk" and my daughter smiling and and jumping out of the car.. they both walking into the daycare with the teachers with them (instead of being carried inside). MashaAllah.
It was a big relieve that I cried a little bit. Alhamdulillah.
May the sacrifice do both of you good, inshaAllah.
I LOVE YOU BOTH SO --?
MUCH! :-)
And today I expected some Monday-blues struggle again, but I was surprised to see my son did not start crying after the small "uhuk" and my daughter smiling and and jumping out of the car.. they both walking into the daycare with the teachers with them (instead of being carried inside). MashaAllah.
It was a big relieve that I cried a little bit. Alhamdulillah.
May the sacrifice do both of you good, inshaAllah.
I LOVE YOU BOTH SO --?
MUCH! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment