I am not a cool person. Calm and collected does not usually describe me. With three little kids in tow most of my not-at-work time, my life looks like a havoc.
Everywhere we go: the doctor, the restaurant, the store, the playground.. in the car, on the street.. I keep having to call my kids to come to me, to remind them to be safe, to do this and that.. I know strangers may find me clumsy and the bunch of us crazy, maybe slightly.
At home, we are loud. Screams (both happy and angry) and yelling and crying only subside when they are fixated by the movies, or are happily dreaming in their sleep.
So I wonder, where is the peace? Where is the joy?
I just find it amazing that, in those crazy moments, I remember how this was exactly how I pictured it to be, and this was exactly what I dreamed for. And I am living it now. These are the moments that I yearned for.. so I am very thankful.. I remind myself to breathe them in, consciously turn on my senses, and enjoy these moments. The kids are growing fast, and before I know it, they will soon fly, inshaAllah.
Things may look crazy, and I am smiling :-)
These are my moments that Allah bless me with. Alhamdulillah.
Lying here with you, listening to the rain.
Smiling just to see, the smile upon your face.
And these are the moments, I thank God that I'm alive.
And these are the moments, I'll remember all my life.
I've found all I've waited for, and I could not ask for more.
Looking in your eyes, seeing all I need.
Everything you are, is everything to me.
And these are the moments, I know heaven must exist.
And these are the moments, I know all I need is this,
I have all I've waited for, and I could not ask for more.
I could not ask for more than this time together,
I could ask for more than this time with you.
Every prayer has been answered,
Every dream I've had's come true.
Right here in this moment, is right where that I meant to be.
Ohh here with you, here with me.
I could not ask for more than the love you give me,
Cause it's all I've waited for.
And I could not ask for more.
~Edwin McCain - These Are The Moments
Thursday, October 4, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment