
http://www.unep.org/wed/
(As much as this topic is close to my heart, I am still unable to part from my daily driving my car to work just by myself. No car-pooling. No public transportation. Close to 100km round-trip from home to work. I dread to check my carbon footprint!)
Anyway, I just came back from a talk on WED 2013. Every year the company organizes events related to this day - one of the reasons I love it here.
Think.Eat.Save.
Let's give some thoughts on what we do around feeding ourselves. It takes a lot of resources to put food on the table. The growing/rearing. The transporting. The storage. The preparation. We must make our consumption sustainable. We fare really bad when it comes to food wastage. So now we should at least:
1. Buy less food
2. Make less food
3. Preserve our food
Indeed, the wasteful are brothers of the devils, and ever has Satan been to his Lord ungrateful (Al-Isrā: 27)
Hopefully we'll reduce our horrible habit of wasting food. Think and act in accordance to what is enough. More is not better. Be grateful, not wasteful. May Allah bless us with more bountiful sustenance, inshaAllah.
Along that line, we should also think about the kind of food that is good for our bodies. Healthy food. Choose that.
I like the Corporate reminder:
Every time, everywhere, everyone, do the right thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment