Saturday, August 16, 2014

Our Ramadhan and Eid

My Ramadhan was not satisfactory. It’s probably below mediocre at best. I am not happy with it but I am grateful for all the blessings and I pray for Allah’s forgiveness for everything I lacked.

We were excited with what started nicely and happily but it turned pathetic soon after. It was sadly outrageous, too. I lose focus on increasing good deeds when I was occupied with figuring logistics out. It’s not simple when we have three little kids to take care of while working full time.

By Allah’s Grace, a lot of help came to give some relief and convenience to us. May Allah reward all the kindness from everybody near and far for helping us.  I can’t thank them enough.

We took advantage of the situation by visiting masjids, family, and friends -- in my effort to add a variety of social settings in which my kids experience Ramadhan and to show them ways to give and to share. Alhamdulillah. I hope they appreciate the good things and take the positives out of it, inshaAllah.

We took the Muslim French girl to have iftar at a masjid, and to visit Amira’s dear ex-teacher near it. I hope she had a good time entertaining and being entertained by my kids. “What a character!”, she said. And I hope I did my small part as a “big sister in a strange land” to her. For someone who is “pandai bawa diri”, she is fine wherever she goes, inshaAllah.

I didn’t read enough Qur’an and its translation. I missed a few nights’ tarawih prayers. I didn’t tame my anger nor did I soften my voice. I definitely didn’t give to charity as much as I was hoping to.

I hope I did well taking care of my kids though. And I stayed true to myself, in words and actions. May Allah forgive me for my weaknesses. May Allah help me improve myself.

Eid came and ALHAMDULILLAH many times over for the very best one we have yet. I am truly thankful for the chance to spend Eid with my mother and the rest of the family at the kampung, sharing food and happy times together, and working together as a big extended family, making Mak happy, and hopefully gain Allah’s Pleasure by nurturing the good relationships among us, inshaAllah.

Belated Eid Mubarak to all. Taqabbal Allahu minna wa minkum.
May Allah grant us the chances to have more productive Ramadhans in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment