Friday, March 21, 2014

Five Trying Years and Going..

My son is brave, energetic, smart, strong-willed, and very loud. Alhamdulillah.. But I worry about him. Sometimes i am not able to keep things under control when it comes to him. Many times i fail to manage his stubbornness effectively. Many more times he makes me proud of his unwavering conviction and confidence, right or not. I worry a lot of people cannot handle that. He definitely needs to learn a lot. I need to help him overcome some of his predisposition while nurturing his strengths and guide them to the right purposes in acceptable ways.

Today on his birthday, the morning started "on the wrong foot". It took me hours to console myself out of the disappointment. I must be bigger than what i felt like acting, so i waited for him to still take him out for a fun time at the kids play place. We ended the day with yummy ice cream cake alhamdulillah. He saved a few pieces of heart shaped chocolate pieces for his Momma. My son is a heart breaker. I need to be strong.

May Allah help us.

No comments:

Post a Comment