Monday, March 31, 2014

Visit

My father passed away seven years ago. Last weekend, alhamdulillah, I managed to take my kids to visit their grandfather's grave, for the first time. It was only my second. The few minutes there making du'a for the deceased and reminiscing the memories means a lot to me.

I remember growing up resenting the many shortcomings he had as a father and a husband, in my innocent eyes. In spite of all that, my respect goes to the man who at one point worked three jobs (tapping rubber trees in the morning, teaching at a school in the afternoon, and fishing at the river using a net and a sampan in the night) to afford building a home for the growing family. I was born about a decade later, so I only heard the stories of hardships and grit and love.

May Allah grant him forgiveness and mercy. Amin..!
May Allah bless all of us.. Amin!

"O the inhabitants of the graveyard, peace be upon you! May Allah forgive us and you. You went before us and we are going to come after you." (Tirmidhi, Janaiz, 58, 59).

No comments:

Post a Comment