Friday, July 29, 2016

Someday

Someday, I'll stop picking him up because he'll be too big. Someday he won't need me like he needs me now. Someday he will keep discovering the world without me alongside him. Someday I won't know everything about him inside and out because someday we may not be able to see or talk to each other every single day. But, even though that someday is inevitable. Even though that someday is hard to imagine for this new mama, there is something about that someday that will always be true. Something I want to tell my baby, so he doesn't forgot it - ever.  Someday, I may not physically pick you up, but I'll always be there to emotionally pick you up. To support you, love you, encourage you. Even on the days when you may not think you need me, I'll be here, in case you decide you do. I'll always have a hand to hold or arms to hug you. Just in case you decide you need me to be that source of comfort and love. I can always give you that, even when you're all grown up and on your own.  Because, no matter how old, no matter how big, no matter where you are - you'll never stop being my baby.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/11194866

No comments:

Post a Comment