Thursday, July 25, 2013

Almond Cookie in a Ramadhan Morning

Amira has been coughing quite bad. Her father doesn't want her to fast. I just reminded her that if she wants to break her fast, it's OK.

I forgot to give her the medicine during suhoor this morning. So he gave her rhinatiol red at 7am. I would just let her continue fasting for the sake of training.

He wanted her to stay home. I ignored him. She'll have to stay home without me tomorrow for Nuzul Quran. I packed the medicine for her to bring to school.

In the car, since Umar could not stop crying, I gave him an almond chocolate cookie. Amira was excited.. yummy, yummy and gave me a kiss on the cheek for the cookie. She already had the cookie partially  in her mouth, then she said "I can't eat." She gave it to me.

WOW. I'm impressed. Imagine the temptation that she resisted, without anybody saying anything to that effect?  Alhamdulillah. May Allah keep us all in The Right Path.

So I put it in the container together with her medicine. I told her to eat the cookie before taking the medicine if her cough gets bad at school today.

She was invited by the teachers to the iftar they organize for students who show great efforts in fasting this Ramadhan. Alhamdulillah. Well done, Amira! Have fun! You earned it!

May Allah bless you! I hope this becomes a good example to your younger siblings, inshaAllah.

No comments:

Post a Comment